The housing is machined from solid aluminum, treated and anodized to military specification, then painted with a robust weather and wear resistant finish. It is depth rated to 300 ft.
The lenses that can be used with the housing are the following:
Canon EF 14mm f2.8 L OLDER TYPE (Not Type II) used in AF
Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L USM (Domeport)
Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Type II (Domeport)
Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM (Domeport)
Canon 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM (Domeport)
Canon 100mm f/2.8 USM (macro port)
Canon 100mm f/2.8 IS USM (macro port)
NOTE: The 16-35mm lens allows for zoom control and manual focus. For the 24-70 and 24-105mm lenses, the operator would only have zoom control and would have to use auto focus.
Each rental will provide the port extension and gears for use with one particular lens. If additional lenses will be used, then there will be additional charges for the extra accessories needed.
**The 9.25″ Megadome port can be rented for an additional $75 per day – NOTE: Any scratches or damage to the Megadome port glass will cost $1,500 to replace.
NOTE: The Aquatica housing for rental cannot be used with strobes.
- The housing comes with either a dome port or macro port**, and the operator of the housing can view the u/w images on the 5D’s LCD screen.
- Depth rating: 300 feet/90 meters
- Precision machined from a single aluminum block. This light weight housing is fully anodized to military specifications and coated with robust wear resistant coating. All function labels are pad printing so they will not peel off or fade.
- Accurately balanced ergonomic design – all controls including the video activating controls are within easy reach.
- Excellent underwater balance.
- Replaceable sacrificial anodes protect the housing from electrolysis.
- Weight: 2.9 Kg / 6.4 Lbs
- Dimension (with grip attached): W 13.8 x H 7.7 x D 5.7″ (W 35 x H 19.5 x D 14.5 cm)
- Dimension (without grip): W 9.1 x H 7.7 x D 5.7″ (W 23 x H 19.5 x D 14.5 cm)
Various port extensions and gears are available depending on the lens(es) you will be using. Please refer to the lens list under the Features tab for specifics.
- Underwater Cinematographer
- 9.25″ Megadome port – $75/day – NOTE: Any scratches or damage to the Megadome port glass will cost $1,500 to replace.
- VL8300p Video Lights
- VL 1800 Dive Light
- Diver recall/Underwater speaker system for voice comm or music
- OTS MK7 Buddyline System
- OTS MK2-DC1 underwater comm system
- OTS STX-101 wireless underwater comm system
Q: Can the 5D MkII be used in this housing?
A: No, the housing was designed specifically for the MKIII body only.
Q: Is the 9.25″ Megadome port available for rental?
A: Yes, for an additional $75 per day, but please keep in mind that any scratches or damage to the Megadome port glass will cost $1,500 to replace.