- The housing comes with the 8″ glass dome port plus a PE386 port extender. Additional port extenders to accommodate the use of different lenses are may be available at an additional cost.
- Zeiss Compact Primes (CP2) 15/18/21/25/28/35/50/85mm (dome port only).
- The 100 ft External Video Out Cable (HD-SDI) for topside monitoring is an additional $150/day.
- NOTE: In order to rent the housing you must hire an ASL underwater AC or sign a waiver indicating that your shooter has the required experience shooting underwater and working with a Gates underwater housing. Underwater AC is $750/8 hour day.
- EXTERNAL MONITOR CASE
for the RED TOUCH 4.7″ LCD monitor (monitor not included)
- COMPLETE CONTROL ACCESS
Access to menu (joystick), servo, zoom focus, iris and assignable functions.
- FLEXIBLE LENS SUPPORT
- ADJUSTABLE HANDLES
for perfect grip and convenient access to controls.
Quality optics means clarity, sharpness and NO vignetting to spoil your images.
- ADJUSTABLE BUOYANCY AND TRIM
Add or remove trim weights for ideal balance.
- GATES SEAL CHECK
The Gates Seal Check assures housing integrity before entering the water.
Controls (All Mechanical)
- REDMOTE Controller (all functions) (Note: REDMOTE Controller not included)
- Manual Iris
- Manual Focus
- Assignable Buttons 1/2
BASIC SHELL (transport size with 8″ dome/PE286) – Varies with other configurations
- 19.7″ L x 11.5″ H x 11.9″ W ”
- 50 cm x 29.2 cm x 30.2 cm Fully Assembled (w/monitor, handles & 8” dome, PE286)
- 19.7″ L x 17.7″ H x 16.5″ W ”
- 50 cm x 49.5 cm x 41.9 cm
- Machined Aluminum, Type III ‘Hard’ Anodize finish.
- Stainless steel hardware.
Weight in Air
- 43 lbs / 19.5 kg (complete w/camera)
Weight in Water
- Slightly negative and adjustable
- 450 feet / 137 meters
- Accommodates one (1) RED BRICK battery
Q: Does the housing come with a REDMOTE Controller?
A: No, You must provide your own REDMOTE Controller with your camera package.
Q: What type of batteries work in the housing?
A: You can only use RED V-Mount batteries in the housing.